Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February make and takes

When I first started playing around with this Faux Pinwheel layout, it was hard to eyeball putting the larger squares of the pinwheel in place. On the back I ended up drawing a lot of lines from corner to corner trying to put the pieces evenly in place. It was too much work for one card. After putting it together I traced it and made a template to go by.

I am a big fan of Michelle Zindorff's blog. Some day I hope to go to one of her workshops on brayering. I've played around with brayering and would like to learn how to do it better. This card is from a tutorial on the direct to paper technique (an easier technique than brayering).
http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2010/01/19/direct-to-paper-field-tutorial-297/


The 3rd card was using the same main stamp "Inspired by Nature" and was simpler to make.


Congradulations to Yvonne C for winning the Scallop border punch!

No comments: