Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Making your own shimmer mist spray

This is not my original idea to make the spray using these products. I've read about it in several different blogs. My apologies that I don't remember whose blogs I've read it on so I can give credit where credit is due. I do a lot of web surfing on card making blogs.

Here is what I did; I filled a small spray bottle half way full of rubbing alcohol then dumped in a little of the Stampin' Up's Champagne mist shimmer paint. I thought to add just a little bit, test it, and if I wanted more shimmer I would add more of the paint. I got lucky and was pleased with what I added the first time. You do have to keep shaking the mixture because it does separate.

The shimmer paints were offered in Stampin' Up's last Holiday Mini Catalog. They were so popular that they still offer them as a write in on orders. They are $5.95 each.

116806 Champagne mist
116854 Frost White
116807 Platinum

If you don't want to mix your own up; Stampin' Up is offering Smooch Spritz in their current Summer Mini Catalog. Smooch spritz comes in Gold Glow, Silver Foil, Vanilla Silver and Log Cabin and are $4.95 each.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spot on witһ this write-up, I truly bеlieve that tһis web site
needs much more attention. I'll proƄably bе baⅽk again to read throᥙgh moге, thanks for the information!
this hyperlink : Password Protect Foldеr It: Here’s How