Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Radiant II: Art Journals

I have started another mixed media online class called Radiant II: Art Journals.  It's hosted by Effy Wild. 


If you do at least 15 out of the 31 lessons you can be entered into a drawing to win a prize. So I plan to post my finished projects here on my blog so I can enter it.

In Effy's 1st lesson she demos how to make a folder type journal for you to do all your lessons in. She also shows how to make a Matching Ultimate Notebook for you to make notes on the lessons. For me personally I decided not to do these. Yes it would be nice to have all your projects from one class all together, but I have made several journals for a particular class with that intent but not followed thru. I also like to work on different kinds of paper. For years now I have taken notes on the different online classes I've taken. For me I like to put them in a 3 ring binder. I'll start with handwriting the notes and if I think it will be something I will watch several times I'll will type them up on my computer and print them out. That way the next time I watch the video I can easily make further notes if I want to.

Effy does mention that if she starts a layout and doesn't finish it in one sitting most of the time she doesn't finish it. I have been art journaling for over 5 years now. I have several things I haven't finished. In going back and looking thru my journals often I wonder what was the inspiration to start that unfinished page. On my finished pages and unfinished I sometimes wonder how did I do that and what products and colors did I use. Sometimes I would put sticky notes with the colors I've used on the page so I would know when I went back to work on it. Now I've decided to do a better job in taking notes on my journal pages and keep them in a 3 ring binder. 

A great place to find scrap paper for note taking is in your children's used school supplies. All those half used up spiral notebooks that will never get looked at again are great for this. I've done this for years. Finally I am seeing the end of this stash. I have started saving computer paper that has been printed on one side that I no longer need to use to take notes on.

No comments: