Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

PAINTING PARTIES

I came across a website for having Painting Parties in your own home. There are several places around town that host painting parties, but I think it is kind of pricey. I also want to paint in my art journal instead of canvases. My sister Marie and I are always getting together to do art projects. We think it would be fun to get together with a few others doing artsy stuff. This past weekend Marie and I got together and painted 2 of the designs.

Marie is working in her 11x14 Canson mixed media journal.


I'm working in my homemade midori style journal. It has hot pressed water color paper in it.

Here is the 2 that Marie did.




And here are mine. I still have some detail work to do on the wine one.





We used Liquitex Basic Acrylics. It was way to thick for this style of painting. Next painting of this type I plan to use a craft type paint that is much more fluid.

Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patricia, I really like that your work and Marie's are in books so you can flip through to see the art. And the embellished calendars are visual diaries; very cool. The mandalas are awesome too!