Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Painting Parties Supply List.

Here is a list of supplies to bring if you are coming to my house to do one of the Painting Parties Projects.

Whatever you want to paint on or in. In the videos they paint on 16 x 20 inch canvases. I am painting in my 10 x 12 art journal with watercolor paper. Marie is using mixed media paper. If you do paint on paper, I suggest it's prepped first with gesso. The gesso will keep  the paint from being absorbed into the paper fast and then dry.

Paint brushes. Here is a very inexpensive set that I got at Hobby Lobby in the children's craft area.



Acrylic paint. For this type of painting I like inexpensive fluid paint. You can bring what you have or use this that I have.



Optional: Paint palettes. I have styrofoam plates you can use, but personally I like to use something bigger and flatter. 




Optional: Paint spatula for mixing. In the videos they just use their brush to pick up paint and mix. Me I like using a spatula.

Apron and wear clothes that you don't mind getting paint on.




No comments: