Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Finally took apart my art Journal

For the longest time I kept thinking about taking apart my Strathmore Visual Journals for various reasons. I thought it would just be to hard and mess up the Journal. After seeing a video (wish I could find it again) of someone taking apart her Canon Journal I decided to go for it. I am really glad I did. The pages are so much easier to work on. When I am doing a double page layout the wire binding is not in the way. When I make mandalas I like to use different kinds of papers depending on the art media I use. When I put the mandala journal back, I'll be able to put the different papers together. 

Below is a picture of the covers I've done for one of the journals. I followed this video in doing the different layers of colors.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX7LrJ3_9jY&feature=g-hist

When you do take apart the journal the back cover comes off first then the front cover. That's handy if all you want is to do the covers.



Thanks for looking!

No comments: